Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Standing By



Your hands may welcome me as I reach mine to you
On bended knee I close my eyes and talk to you Lord
Standing by with hopeful voice
Saying recognize me father
I am the one who’ll offer you my life


Your palms may open as I lay mine to you
Step by step I put forward my soul to you Lord
Giving up my arrogance
My pride I will surrender
I am your child who’ll offer you my life


Dear Lord, I am standing by to give the whole of me
Just waiting for your call
For the voice that will be heard inside my heart
Dear Lord, I am standing by to offer you myself
My famished soul that seeks your flesh
Will pull me up to reach your loving heart

                                                                               -Marikit

An offertory song and prayer I wrote to give glory back to the Lord my creator. Surrendering my hopes to Him, my ambitions, my dreams, my strength, weaknesses, my whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment