Sunday, January 23, 2011

Love and Letting Go

            Bang and Ley , these two best friends were so fun of making things when bored at class during college. It’s not that they do stuffs to get attention from the class, but they make things in silence. It’s just that it’s so hard for them to listen and be attentive when sleepy and tired and simply don’t like the subject or the one standing in front talking about things they don’t bother to care.

            Story lines, that’s what they’re fun of doing. They enjoy making stories and write it in a small sheet or a scratch paper. The process would be; when one is finished with a line, she secretly pass the paper to the other and replies with another line and vise versa, until the story is completed. 

            They usually don't asked each other to start making the story, it's their instinct that pushes them to play a game. When one starts to pass a paper, the other understands that the game is starting. Just like kids, when one starts to run, others know its play time.

Here is one of the stories they've created out of Boredom:

Blue lines were from Bang and the Red ones were from Ley.




"August 26, 2005, arround 4-7 pm, Room SD 309 (Bang and Ley were so sleepy)"

There's a beautiful maiden named Bang. She was very lonely because she's still single and very unfortunate in terms of love. One day, she went to a party and sang " I've got no power!", she danced to relieve the pain. Then suddenly, a young man named Tim caught up with her and said, " can I have this dance?" 
Then she answered, "no thanks, I can dance alone, I want no one to bother me". 
He replied, " why not? I'm just asking you for a dance, is there's something bothering you mysweetness?" Then she said, " Nope, I just want to be alone, I want to enjoy all by my self." But actually, she just don't want to dance with Tim. 
But then, Tim insisted, he wants to dance with her. But suddenly, a big owl attacked Bang. She run as fast as she could. 
"Cut it off you silly biggy bitchy owl! Go back to where you belong! I'm scared of you! scared of your huge sunny eyes!" ( actually, these two were refering to someone.).
Then Tim went to the rescue. "Kwago behave!" Then the owl stopped. "I'm sorry Bang, it's just one of the stupid owls in the forest." "are you hurt?". 
Bang was so angry and said, " Gee!! why am I always having this terrible life? Tim, can you please go home now?" And in her mind she said "I don't want to see you again. I don't want you doing this to me. I'm afraid if I cant let go of you. I want to get over you right now. I'm tired, so much tired." 
"I know there's something you want to tell me, it's not good keeping something to your self, if you want to say something then say it, you will be relieved" Tim said. 
Then bang smiled and replied, " ok, I just want to say that you have to go home now because your pet owly, I think she's hurt. Her right sunny eye is bleeding. Well, I have to go now, I have to take a rest, I got tired from running too fast. Bye!" 
But wait! Don't go! when will I see you again? I'd love to see you dance and sing. Tell me when Bang, tell me.. Where it hurt? I'll mend it I promise. you just don't go and leave me like that. Forget my owl, spend some time with me please, I'm begging." 
Bang replied, " No Tim, I'm sorry, I have to go now, and honestly speaking, I don't want to see you again. Ever again. Ask no more please, I have to go." Bang turned her back, then suddenly tears fell down from her eyes. Without hesitating, she left. 
Then a fairy Approached. " Bang don't cry, every body deserves a chance right?" 
"Who are you? Never mind, I know you're a fairy. Yeah you're right, but for him? I think there's none." 
"Why is that so? you really hated him so much? why don't you give it a try? maybe it would turn the other way around, don't you think?" 
"I think I can't" she said. " I've been too much hurt before. I maybe give my self a chance and I can give him none." 
"Tell me, what did he do that hurt you so much that you can't even forgive him for it. Is it miserable? think about it, if it's that heavy, you won't forgive him, but if it's not that miserable, you should forgive him." 
Then bang replied. " It's not that miserable I guess, I don't hate him, it's just that I don't want to see him again, he's loving someone else that's why I want to get over him. I admit, I still like him, but I'm limiting my self, because it's the right thing to do. I have to let go of those stupid things that bothers me. I'm tired, I'm giving him up, I'm tired, I'm not that strong, I'm not that tough. I'm giving him up." 
The fairy replied. "Bang, It's okay to give up, but that doesn't mean giving up is hurting other people. It's okay to say that you don't want to see him again but clarify things first. It's so sad to say or it's easy to say "I'll let go" but it's hard to do. In order for you to let go is to accept. But what if God opens another door? won't you go and see right through it? " 
"surely I would go!" she replied. "I'm just waiting for another door to open for me. But if behind that door is still that guy with a pet beside him, I would rather find a window as small as a needle hole and find true people with true hearts." 
"What if that guy deserves you and he's God's gift?Maybe you're meant for each other. If you keep on looking and looking, you'll end up none.Just give it a try, don't stop it, when you get hurt, you're learning, don't count all those hurtful events, but count all the knowledge and lessons you learned. If you'll be hurt once again don't slouch, just stand up straight that no one can bring you down." 
"If he's meant for me, then let it be done. I know those things already, but for now, I have to give up, I can wait for him no more, what if he's not for me? I can't be like this waiting for nothing all my life." 
Then said the fairy. "You have to be patient my dear, God is still working on it, why rush things? just be at your best and God will do the rest." 
Bang didn't say something but tears were falling from her eyes. The fairy disappeared suddenly leaving Bang crying . On her way home she realized that life is so unfair. 
She was not able to be happy all her life because hatred stays in her heart. Until she got old, she's still single.





The end... 
The class ended as well...


Well, those times, Bang was hurting and Ley had the first line to uplift bang. Bang was so negative with her responses and Ley tends to make Bang feel better, making Bang understand that things may change and there's still hope. 

This story they've created was not just a game or an escape from boredom. This Stuff here is simply a conversation done by two friends using lines in order for them to communicate deeply with their thoughts and wisdom about things that are happening around them. It is their creative way of understanding ones feeling towards an event that they encounter day by day.



No comments:

Post a Comment